Last Updated: April, 2013
Excelleris is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of personal information in its care. Managing and protecting personal information is one of our priority accountabilities.
Excelleris has designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for compliance with privacy legislation and these policies. All Excelleris employees receive privacy training and understand their responsibility to protect your health care information.
Personal Information We Collect and Why
The following information is collected to register for my ehealth™ services. Individuals registering on behalf of another individual must be their parent, legal guardian, or have their consent.
- Name — participant name is one of the criteria to match test results to the correct account;
- E-mail Address — email address will be the participant’s my ehealth™ account and where communications, such as password resets, will be sent.
- Password — the password to log in to a my ehealth™ account as the first level of protection. Excelleris employees have no access to passwords.
- Mailing Address — the address where a PIN will be mailed if a Lab Visit Number is not received when tests were performed. If a Lab Visit Number is received it is not required.
- Date of Lab Visit — the date of the latest tests to match test results and applicant.
- Lab Visit Number — the identification number for tests, if given by the lab, to match applicant and test results. If a Lab Visit Number is not received registration will be completed using Mailing Address and the PIN number issued by Excelleris.
- BC Care Card Number (Personal Health Number) — to match the test results to the applicant and after registration, one of the security measures by which my ehealth™ staff can identify individuals for information or assistance.
- Security Phrase — a phrase provided by the applicant to validate email sent to applicants and as a second security measure for identification for information or assistance. Use of an offensive security phrase is not acceptable.
- Security Questions — three questions from a list presented to the applicant or provided by the applicant used in addition to password as a security measure at log in. At each log in the user is shown one of the three questions and must answer accurately. Using a security question which is considered offensive is not acceptable.
The personal information collected when an individual applies for my ehealth™ services is used only for the following purposes:
- Confirming identity to provide my ehealth™ services, such as a password resets; and
- Sending notifications about new my ehealth™ services or changes to the current services; and;
- Sending messages to those individuals who opt to receive invitations to participate in surveys, focus groups, etc.
Disclosing Your Information
Personal information is not disclosed to any person or organization without consent or required by law. Excelleris does not sell, rent, or lease personal information.
Accessing & Correcting Your Personal Information
Upon request an individual is informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information, subject to privacy legislation. If an individual believes their personal information is inaccurate or incomplete Excelleris assists the individual to identify the source of the information where the individual may apply to have changes made.
Excelleris uses stringent rules for its my ehealth™ website to ensure personal information is adequately safeguarded. Personal information in Excelleris’ custody is protected by security safeguards to prevent loss, unauthorized access, copying, or misuse. Access to personal information is restricted to personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties.
Choice & Consent
Information not necessary to provide a service is identified as optional.
Receipt of certain communications such as invitations to participate in surveys and focus groups is optional.
Questions regarding our privacy policies and practices can be directed to our Privacy Officer, whose contact details are located below.
Excelleris Technologies Ltd.
201 – 4445 Lougheed Highway
Burnaby, BC V5C 0E4